We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
To say that this cake is all about strawberries is an understatement! Our recipe for Strawberry Cake features strawberry gelatin, sliced strawberries, and strawberry preserves to give this cake it's signature, "berry"-sweet taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cake mix, gelatin mix, strawberries, eggs, and oil 2 to 3 minutes, or until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl with an electric beater on medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar, strawberry preserves, and butter 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Place 1 cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides.
- Chill 2 hours before serving, or cover loosely and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 669
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 30g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.8g 10 %
- Cholesterol 93mg 31 %
- Sodium 415mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 100g 33 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 88g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"