We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
To say that this cake is all about strawberries is an understatement! Our recipe for Strawberry Cake features strawberry gelatin, sliced strawberries, and strawberry preserves to give this cake it's signature, "berry"-sweet taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cake mix, gelatin mix, strawberries, eggs, and oil 2 to 3 minutes, or until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl with an electric beater on medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar, strawberry preserves, and butter 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Place 1 cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides.
- Chill 2 hours before serving, or cover loosely and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 669
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 30g 45 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.8g 10 %
- Cholesterol 93mg 31 %
- Sodium 415mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 100g 33 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 88g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!