We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Greek bazaars are known for their great food and incredible desserts, and what's just where we got this Walnut Cake recipe! The Greek woman who shared it with us spoke very little English, but her baking communicated smiles to everybody!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Grated rind of one lemon
- 1 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter then add 1 cup sugar and the eggs. Blend well and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon alternately with the milk. Mix in the nuts and lemon rind.
- Blend well and pour into prepared baking pan. Bake 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining 1-1/4 cups sugar and the water over medium heat, and boil 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over cake while both are still warm. Turn off the oven and return cake to warm oven for 5 minutes.
This cake is best served warm. If you're not going to serve it right after baking, just pop it in the microwave on low power for about 1 minute or in a 250 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 404
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 6.0g 12 %
- Cholesterol 52mg 17 %
- Sodium 233mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!