White Velvet Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our from-scratch White Velvet Cake is such a cinch to bake up, everyone will think it came from the best bakery in town. Take all the credit though, and tell them you made it yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package white chocolate baking bars, broken up
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (8-inch) round baking pans with cooking spray, then line bottoms with waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine baking bars and milk over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in melted baking bars and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from pans and remove waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Frost with a buttercream frosting or one of your favorite flavors -- whatever you like!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- Ever wondered what makes velvet cake "velvet"? Check out the answer on our blog!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 407
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 7.3g 15 %
- Cholesterol 115mg 38 %
- Sodium 355mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.