Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Bacon Candy Crack-Up
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
We're sharing our love of bacon with this decadent cracker candy recipe that's topped with...you guessed it, bacon. Our Bacon Candy Crack-Up starts with saltine crackers that are topped with a homemade caramel sauce and finished with a layer of dark chocolate and crumbled bacon. Just a warning: this candy is really addictive!
What You'll Need:
- 35 saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve from a 16-ounce box)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 pound bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15- inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay crackers on baking sheet, packing tightly.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add sugar and bring to a boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring frequently. Immediately pour over crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers; return to oven 1 minute. Remove and evenly spread chocolate, then sprinkle with bacon.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, then break into pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- We don't recommend substituting margarine for butter in this recipe.
- If you're crazy about bacon, then you're going to love our collection of Best Bacon Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.