Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Peppermint Candy Crack-Up
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Here's a sweet Christmas recipe that's everything it's cracked up to be! Whether you serve it as candy or as part of a cookie platter, doesn't matter - they'll love it either way. Our Peppermint Candy Crack-Up features a delicious combination of sweet, salty, and minty!
What You'll Need:
- 35 saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve from a 16-ounce box)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (10-ounce package) dark chocolate and mint chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup chocolate coated peppermint candies (see Note)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15- inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay crackers on baking sheet, packing tightly.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add sugar and bring to a boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring frequently. Immediately pour over crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers; return to oven 1 minute. Remove and evenly spread chocolate, then sprinkle with candy canes and chocolate candies.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, then break into pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- We don't recommend substituting margarine for butter in this recipe.
- For the chocolate coated peppermint candies, the Test Kitchen used peppermint m&m's™.
- This easy recipe is part of our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Calories 198
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 7.6g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 158mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The key to making this red potato salad taste phenomenal is to use fresh dill. Our Dilly Dally Potato Salad recipe is a lightened-up version of one of your favorite potato salads. Everyone at your potluck will enjoy this tasty dish!