Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Peppermint Candy Crack-Up
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Here's a sweet Christmas recipe that's everything it's cracked up to be! Whether you serve it as candy or as part of a cookie platter, doesn't matter - they'll love it either way. Our Peppermint Candy Crack-Up features a delicious combination of sweet, salty, and minty!
What You'll Need
- 35 saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve from a 16-ounce box)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (10-ounce package) dark chocolate and mint chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 cup chocolate coated peppermint candies (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15- inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay crackers on baking sheet, packing tightly.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add sugar and bring to a boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring frequently. Immediately pour over crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers; return to oven 1 minute. Remove and evenly spread chocolate, then sprinkle with candy canes and chocolate candies.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, then break into pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- We don't recommend substituting margarine for butter in this recipe.
- For the chocolate coated peppermint candies, the Test Kitchen used peppermint m&m's™.
- This easy recipe is part of our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Calories 198
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 7.6g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 19mg 6 %
- Sodium 158mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %