Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Microwave Peanut Toffee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 Pound
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
No candy thermometer needed here! Thanks to the microwave, you can have homemade toffee in just 20 minutes.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
What to Do
- Place 1/2 cup chopped peanuts into a 9-inch circle on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Coat top 2-inches of a 2-1/2-quart microwave-safe glass bowl with butter; place remaining butter in bowl. Add sugar and 1/4 cup water to bowl. (Do not stir.) Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or just until mixture begins to turn light brown; carefully pour over peanuts on baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips; let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Spread melted chips evenly over peanut mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped peanuts. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Break into bite-sized pieces. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe was tested in an 1100-watt microwave oven.
- Want even more easy candy recipes? Then you'll love our free eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.