Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate-Covered Spoons make a great party favor or holiday gift. They're easy to make and decorate just the way you want 'em!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 20 plastic spoons
- Colored sugar crystals
What To Do:
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening 1 minute; stir. Continue to stir and microwave in 10 second intervals, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip plastic spoons in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter. Sprinkle with colored sugar crystals. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- You can decorate these with white chocolate drizzle instead of the colored sugar crystals. Just heat white chocolate bars or chips the same way you heat the chocolate.
- And for that holiday gift-giving, just wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
- Want a great holiday gift idea? Make a few of these Chocolate-Covered Spoons and gift them along with our Hot Cocoa Mix!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!