Cracklin' Chocolate Toffee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 42 pieces
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You're going to have to take a bite out of this sweet chocolate toffee to experience all the cracklin' fun. Our Cracklin' Chocolate Toffee is an easy candy recipe that's got a whole lot of crispy crunchiness going on!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add condensed milk, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cereal.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pan and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly with a spatula.
- Let cool 4 hours, or until firm. Lift foil with toffee from pan and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
You can find even more yummy chocolate candy recipes in our FREE eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!