Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Cracklin' Chocolate Toffee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 42 pieces
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You're going to have to take a bite out of this sweet chocolate toffee to experience all the cracklin' fun. Our Cracklin' Chocolate Toffee is an easy candy recipe that's got a whole lot of crispy crunchiness going on!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add condensed milk, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cereal.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pan and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly with a spatula.
- Let cool 4 hours, or until firm. Lift foil with toffee from pan and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
You can find even more yummy chocolate candy recipes in our FREE eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the perfect potato casserole for any occasion. It's just as good with your weeknight dinner as it is served for a company-fancy meal. Our Anytime Potatoes are creamy, dreamy, and easy to throw-together. And the crispy topping makes them extra-special!