Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Cracklin' Chocolate Toffee
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 42 pieces
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You're going to have to take a bite out of this sweet chocolate toffee to experience all the cracklin' fun. Our Cracklin' Chocolate Toffee is an easy candy recipe that's got a whole lot of crispy crunchiness going on!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add condensed milk, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cereal.
- Spoon mixture evenly into pan and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly with a spatula.
- Let cool 4 hours, or until firm. Lift foil with toffee from pan and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
You can find even more yummy chocolate candy recipes in our FREE eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.