Spicy Pecan Brittle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This pecan brittle is exactly what you are looking for! It combines traditional brittle ingredients such as corn syrup and sugar, but then the surprise is that it has a slight kick to it. Try something new, try our Spicy Pecan Brittle and we bet that you'll won't be able to stop eating it!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1 sticks) butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the pecans; bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the syrup reaches the hard-crack stage (see Note), stirring constantly.
- Stir in the pecans until completely coated and pour the brittle onto a large rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray, spreading with a spatula to make it even and flat, as thick or thin as desired. Be careful: the brittle will be very hot! Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Makes about 1 pound.
The hard-crack stage is reached when a candy thermometer registers between 290 degree F and 310 degree F. To test without a thermometer, remove the pan from the heat and drop 1/2 teaspoon of the syrup into a cup of cold water. It should form brittle threads that remain brittle when removed from the water.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!