Beefed-Up Rice Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This all-in-one dinner is perfect for busy nights. In our Beefed-Up Rice Casserole you'll discover layers of beefy, cheesy, fill-ya-up goodness. Get ready for lots of "oohs" and "aahs" when you bring it out!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice, warmed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, sausage, garlic powder, salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked and crumbly; drain off excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and rice; mix well. Place half the mixture in the baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then place 4 slices mozzarella cheese over the top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 467
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 26g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 60 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 98mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,312mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.