Chunky Chicken Noodle Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Use your noodle! Next time you're invited to a potluck supper, wow the crowd with this Chunky Chicken Noodle Casserole filled with lots of chicken chunks, egg noodles, and a couple of your favorite veggies.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
What to Do
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat; gradually add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add noodles, chicken, peas and mushrooms to sauce, mix well. Spoon mixture into baking dish. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until heated through.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!