El Dorado Beef Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Kids of all ages will go crazy for this Southwestern-style layered casserole. It has everybody's favorites: ground beef, tomato sauce, cheese and tortilla chips. Yum!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and onion 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder. garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Spread half the beef mixture in casserole dish then top with half the crushed tortilla chips, half the sour cream, and half the cheese. Repeat layers one more time, ending with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden.
Racking your brain for something your kids will want to eat for dinner or lunch? Then check out 15 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!