My Husband's Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We once had a viewer say to us, "My Husband's Shepherd's Pie is so good, there's never any leftovers!" Well, that inspired us to create a version of this classic, comfort dish that your whole family will gobble up too. Full of hearty potatoes, beef, and veggies, this dish will have you saying the same thing!
What You'll Need
- 5 Idaho potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, boil potatoes about 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain. Mash potatoes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef until no pink remains; drain off excess fat. Remove beef to a bowl and set aside. In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter; saute onions and carrots until tender. Add beef to skillet, then add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt. Slowly stir in mixed vegetables until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining butter and the milk with the mashed potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour contents of skillet into prepared casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes have begun to brown slightly. Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes before serving.
- Looking for more make-ahead casseroles? Check out this collection!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 608
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 41g 63 %
- Saturated Fat 22g 108 %
- Trans Fat 2.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 53 %
- Cholesterol 139mg 46 %
- Sodium 1,685mg 70 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 7.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.