Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a long day most of us don't want to spend extra time in the kitchen. That's where our recipe for Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice comes in. This easy, throw-together, all-in-one dish cooks while you're away, so you can have a complete and satisfying dinner ready when you need it to be.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed broccoli cheese soup
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 (6-ounce) packages wild and long-grain converted rice mix with seasoning packets
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine chicken, water, soup, and onion; mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Add broccoli and rice; cover and cook for an additional hour.
- Stir in cheese and serve.
- Want more where this came from? Here are 14 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You Must Try
- If you're a fan of this recipe then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
If you enjoyed our recipe for Slow Cooked Chicken 'n' Rice, then be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!