Festival Sausage Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Festival Sausage Bake is huge and hearty. Its large portions and smorgasbord of ingredients will remind you of the big pasta bakes your mom used to make.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, peppers, onions, and garlic, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and peppers and onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain sausage mixture, and place in a large bowl. Add pasta, spaghetti sauce, and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle sausage bake with mozzarella cheese then bake 10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 726
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 23g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 6.6g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 40g 79 %
- Cholesterol 48mg 16 %
- Sodium 904mg 38 %
- Total Carbohydrates 89g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 4.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.