Festival Sausage Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Festival Sausage Bake is huge and hearty. Its large portions and smorgasbord of ingredients will remind you of the big pasta bakes your mom used to make.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, peppers, onions, and garlic, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and peppers and onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain sausage mixture, and place in a large bowl. Add pasta, spaghetti sauce, and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle sausage bake with mozzarella cheese then bake 10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,031
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33g 51 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 51g 103 %
- Cholesterol 73mg 24 %
- Sodium 3,201mg 133 %
- Total Carbohydrates 130g 43 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.4g 26 %
- Sugars 26g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!