Festival Sausage Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Festival Sausage Bake is huge and hearty. Its large portions and smorgasbord of ingredients will remind you of the big pasta bakes your mom used to make.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, peppers, onions, and garlic, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and peppers and onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain sausage mixture, and place in a large bowl. Add pasta, spaghetti sauce, and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle sausage bake with mozzarella cheese then bake 10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,048
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 36g 55 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 59 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 53g 105 %
- Cholesterol 81mg 27 %
- Sodium 2,686mg 112 %
- Total Carbohydrates 128g 43 %
- Dietary Fiber 14g 54 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)