Minnesota Hot Dish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Minnesota Hot Dish is a meat and potato lovers dream! This hot dish recipe with hamburger also has potato tots on top and veggies inside. Talk about hearty! The best part? This comforting hot dish recipe bakes up in under 40 minutes, which makes it the perfect busy weeknight dinner. (And, in case you were wondering, a hot dish is just like a casserole -- they just say "hot dish" instead of "casserole" over in Minnesota.)
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 (32-ounce) package frozen seasoned potato nuggets
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion, and salt, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Spoon ground beef into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine soup and milk, mix well. Layer frozen vegetables, soup mixture, and cheese over ground beef. Top with frozen potatoes.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and casserole is heated through.
- All-in-one casseroles are great becuase they have the convenience of a complete meal in one, and they're delicious besides! We'd like to suggest you also try our Creamy Ham Casserole for another easy and tasty weeknight meal!
- And if you loved this Minnesota hamburger hot dish, try some of our Midwest favorites, like our Iowa Corn Casserole and our Fargo Hot Dish recipes.
- Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Amish Country Casserole
- Blue Ribbon Casseroles: 25 Easy Casserole Recipes
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Italian Layer Bake
- Layered Spaghetti Casserole
- Yankee Doodle Macaroni Casserole
- Enchilada Casserole