Tortilla Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tortillas replace the traditional topping for a Mexican twist on everyone's favorite classic chicken pot pie. The gang's sure to love our Tortilla Chicken Pot Pie, that's for certain!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 12 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, chilies, the soups, and milk over medium heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spray tortillas with cooking spray and heat one at a time in a large skillet over medium heat for about 30 seconds per side. Place 6 of the heated tortillas in a single layer in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spoon half of the chicken mixture evenly over tortillas and top with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Place remaining heated tortillas over cheese. Top with remaining chicken mixture and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Bake 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.