Almond Crusted Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chopped almonds make a crunchy, flavorful coating for Almond Crusted Chicken, an elegant yet easy chicken breast recipe direct from celebrity chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Donatella Arpaia.
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 to 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, chopped almonds, and 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk eggs lightly.
- Dip chicken into eggs then into bread crumb mixture, coating completely on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to set crust.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, scallions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, and remaining tarragon. Toss to coat tomatoes then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining olive oil over medium heat. When hot, cook chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden and no longer pink inside. Cut chicken pieces in half, arrange on a platter, top with tomato salad, and serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy of Donatella Arpaia and adapted from her cookbook, Donatella Cooks: Simple Food Made Glamorous
- Like this chicken recipe? Then you'll love our collection of 14 Tasty Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes.
- If you have some left over almonds, then make some Almond Lace Cookies or Almond Crusted Brie!