Chicken and Black Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Look no more! Chicken and Black Beans is a stick-to-your-ribs Mexican dinner favorite that can be prepared in no time.
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4-inch strips (1 to 1 ¼ pounds total)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ½-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain rice
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
If you can't find Mexican-style stewed tomatoes in your supermarket, just use regular stewed tomatoes and add 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!