We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The French call a dish similar to this cassoulet. We've taken a few shortcuts but it's still a dish that will remind you of a hearty, flavorful poultry dish you'd find served in the French countryside.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs or drumsticks (about 8 pieces)
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (14- to 16-ounce) cans cannellini (white kidney beans), drained (see Note)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken for 10 minutes on each side. Add onions and saute about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and add to chicken.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- You can use any type of white bean here in place of the cannellini beans...you know, garbanzo beans (chick peas), black-eyed peas, or others.
- If you like this recipe for Countryside Chicken, be sure to check out our collection of 15 Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.