We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ordinary chicken drumsticks get dressed up in this fancy-shmancy recipe for Wine-Glazed chicken. The white wine (or sparkling white grape juice, for an alcohol-free version) adds a sophisticated taste to this delicious chicken recipe with wine, without adding a bunch of work! Enjoy this easy chicken and white wine recipe any night of the week for a fancier dinner option.
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 chicken legs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine or sparkling white grape juice
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Warm cooked rice
What To Do:
Sprinkle salt and ground nutmeg over chicken.
In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add chicken. Cook 10 minutes or until golden, turning often.
Stir in wine, mushrooms, bell pepper, and scallions; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done and no pink remains. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
Whisk together broth and cornstarch until smooth; add to drippings in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Serve drumsticks over rice; spoon glaze over chicken.
- Feel free to substitute chicken thighs or wings for the legs if you prefer. But if you love chicken drumsticks the way we do, you won't want to miss our collection of 20+ Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes!
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.