Crunchy Lemon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The secret to this Crunchy Lemon Chicken is the wheat germ. It gives this chicken a crunch that everyone loves and is still oh so healthy.
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
What to Do
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine egg, salt, and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in egg mixture, and dredge in wheat germ.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken, and keep warm. Add lemon juice to skillet. Cook over high heat, deglazing skillet by scraping bits that cling to bottom; pour over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Wheat germ adds nutty flavor and crunch to this dinnertime favorite. It also packs a nutritious dose of vitamins, minerals, and protein. Feel free to use fine, dry breadcrumbs from a can to coat the chicken, if you don't have wheat germ on hand.