Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing says Sunday dinner like the savory flavors of extra crispy fried chicken. This is the perfect recipe for a sit-down meal with the family, or to take on a picnic under the warm summer sky. Bring it to the next potluck and everyone will be lickin' their fingers to get that last bit of oh-so-good flavor. No one will believe just how easy our Extra Crispy Fried Chicken recipe is to make, and the great thing is, you don't have to tell them!
This simple fried chicken recipe is a breeze to complete. The secret? The crispy fried chicken batter that gets extra crispy with almost no work at all!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine milk and egg; mix well. Add chicken, coating completely. If the chicken breasts are huge, feel free to cut them in half. This way everything will cook evenly.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove chicken from milk mixture then place in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet or soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking (about 350 degrees F). Make sure the oil does not fill the pot more than 1/3 full. We recommend using a kitchen thermometer so the oil stays at the proper temperature.
- Carefully place chicken in oil and cook 20 to 22 minutes, or until coating is brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, turning once halfway through cooking. (See Note) Drain on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Serve immediately.
- Note: If the chicken is getting too golden and is not done inside, just finish it off in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Don't forget the sides! Try these our Corn on the Cob with Bacon and Herbed Butter to kick this meal up a notch!
- Our Secret Ingredient Iced Tea is the perfect drink to complete this dinner!
- If you're looking for even more delicious options, check out our Southern Fried Chicken Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,945
- Calories from Fat 1,573
- Total Fat 175g 269 %
- Saturated Fat 24g 121 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 73g 146 %
- Cholesterol 244mg 81 %
- Sodium 2,292mg 96 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.