Fast Chicken Fajitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You can go to a restaurant for fajitas but, when you get past the steam and the sizzle, you're left with a small portion of chicken and a high price tag! Why not bring the sizzle to your own kitchen table with a lower calorie count and price tag?!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers, and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and fajita seasoning until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and onions are browned, stirring frequently.
- Distribute chicken mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with salsa and lettuce then roll up tortillas and serve immediately.
Be sure to peruse our collection of top 10 favorite restaurant recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.