Fast Chicken in Pepper Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's a cinch to cook like an Italian chef - just spice things up a bit. One taste of this festive dish of chicken in a pepper sauce, and it's like a tour of Italy without ever leaving home.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1½ to 2 pounds total), pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper. Place the beaten eggs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the flour mixture and then dip in the eggs, coating completely. Cook the chicken in 2 batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Remove the chicken to a covered platter to keep warm.
- Before cooking the second batch, wipe the skillet out with a paper towel and use the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and oil.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients, including the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and !/8 teaspoon white pepper, in a blender or food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade and process for a few seconds, or until the peppers are chopped and the mixture is combined.
- Pour into the skillet, then return the chicken to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.