Chicken Cordon Bleu Pinwheels
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A classic French dish that's quick and easy to make. Impossible, you say? Let us show you how you can surprise yourself and your gang...
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese (6 slices)
- 1/4 pound thinly-sliced deli ham (4 slices)
- 1/2 cup flavored bread crumbs
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Between 2 pieces of waxed paper, gently pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin. Evenly sprinkle each piece of chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each chicken breast half. Roll each breast jelly roll-style and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in prepared baking dish and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place 1 cheese slice on top of each chicken piece and sprinkle with paprika. Return to oven 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Regular styles of Swiss cheese and deli-style ham tend to be naturally salty, so if you'd rather not add the extra salt, that's fine.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.