Homemade Chicken Crock-Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Enjoy easy comfort food anytime you want with our recipe for Homemade Chicken Crock-Pies, which comes straight out of "The Ultimate Cooking for Two Cookbook." Once the two of you dig through your own crispy pastry topping into the bubbly filling, you'll understand why we fell in love with 'em.
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of a 17-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 2 (2-cup) crocks or 1 (1-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut puff pastry to fit top of crocks or baking dish (see Note). Place on a baking sheet and bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through. Spoon into crocks, top with puff pastry, and serve immediately.
- The trick to cutting the pastry to the right size is to lay it out on a cutting board. Place crocks or baking dish on it upside down, and cut around the opening. Place cut dough on baking sheet and bake as directed.
- This recipe comes from "The Ultimate Cooking for Two Cookbook," which has over 130 recipes designed just for two! Click here for more information about this cookbook or to purchase your own copy.