Jiffy Chicken Surprise
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Has your gang got the boring dinner blues? Here's a great tip for a treat you can make in a jiffy. Keep an extra package of chicken breasts in the freezer, and wake things up with a mouthwatering surprise!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1½ to 2 pounds total), pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 3 tablespoons Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the tops of the chicken breasts and roll up jelly-roll style. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper, then with the bread crumbs. Coat the bread crumbs with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and the juices run clear.
Serve with warm spaghetti sauce for spooning over the top.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!