Spooky Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In our shortcut for classic Shepherd's Pie, instead of beef, we use cubed cooked chicken. Everything cooks up quickly in a skillet, which makes our Spooky Shepherd's Pie topped with ghostly dollops of mashed potatoes a perfect year-round main dish.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (see Tips)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained with 12 peas reserved
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes (instant or leftover)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, over high heat, combine all ingredients except potatoes and reserved peas; mix well.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and top with 6 dollops of potatoes to form ghost shapes (see photo).
- Place 2 peas in each dollop of potatoes to form eyes on the ghosts (see photo). Serve immediately.
- Use leftover chicken here or turn to the deli case for thick-cut turkey breast.
- We recommend a crunchy salad to accompany this shepherd's pie.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The award for most Oscar-worthy snack goes to...Red Carpet Popcorn Crunch! (Hey, just because you weren't invited to the Governor's Ball doesn't mean you can't have some delicious fun!) This recipe is 5-ingredient easy and is perfect for nibbling on while you watch to see who the next big winner will be.