Spooky Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In our shortcut for classic Shepherd's Pie, instead of beef, we use cubed cooked chicken. Everything cooks up quickly in a skillet, which makes our Spooky Shepherd's Pie topped with ghostly dollops of mashed potatoes a perfect year-round main dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (see Tips)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained with 12 peas reserved
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes (instant or leftover)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, over high heat, combine all ingredients except potatoes and reserved peas; mix well.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and top with 6 dollops of potatoes to form ghost shapes (see photo).
- Place 2 peas in each dollop of potatoes to form eyes on the ghosts (see photo). Serve immediately.
- Use leftover chicken here or turn to the deli case for thick-cut turkey breast.
- We recommend a crunchy salad to accompany this shepherd's pie.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 381
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 7.4g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 26g 51 %
- Cholesterol 78mg 26 %
- Sodium 799mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 4.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).