California Chili Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you need something right away, try this fast chicken chili recipe for one of today's light meals with more than a light taste. Mmm mmm!
What You'll Need
- 2 (29-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 pounds boneless chicken (white or dark meat), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (1-pound) cans red kidney beans
What to Do
In a large saucepan, combine tomato sauce, onion, chili powder, salt, ginger, orange rind, and oregano; bring to a boil.
Add chicken, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Add kidney beans, stir gently, and cook just until warmed through.
Serve this dish over rice or with cheese nacho chips. You might also want to add at least 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. It's delicious, but it's up to you.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.