Almond Café Latte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After all the chaos of black Friday shopping, it's nice to come back to an easy homemade pick-me-up. This Almond Cafe Latte is the perfect choice for winding down after the holiday rush; the soothing coffee flavors will make you feel warm and cozy, and the amaretto adds a little pep back into your step after a long day. With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday, we're thankful for this easy coffee recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder (see Tip)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup amaretto (almond flavored) liqueur
- WHIPPED CREAM
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the espresso powder and stir to dissolve. Reduce the heat to low, add the milk, 3/4 cup heavy cream and amaretto. Heat, stirring occasionally, until hot but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. With a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the cream mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the espresso mixture evenly between four cups. Dollop with whipped cream and serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If you’re not familiar with espresso powder think of it as really strong granulated coffee. You can find it in your supermarket in the coffee aisle. And when you’re serving this, we like to top it with some finely chopped almonds to give it an extra “wow”.
- We love cooking with coffee! For more easy and tasty coffee drinks, try our Cafe Mochaccino, or our scrumptious Caramel Latte!
- For something extra delicious with your coffee, try this Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake.
- And for a dessert way to do coffee, try this easy Coffee Milkshake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Rise and shine with these easy brunch recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!