We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Some occasions call for a cookie that's a little more dressed up than usual, like these Almond Pizzelles. They add a touch of elegance to any cookie platter and they've got a light flavor that makes them a welcome treat for almost everyone.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, and sugar until creamy.
- In another bowl, gently whisk eggs and oil. Add to sugar mixture, along with extract, and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to egg mixture and beat until smooth and creamy, and no lumps remain.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes, so flour is absorbed. Drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto a greased and preheated pizzelle maker. Cook for about 50 seconds, or until desired consistency. Remove to a cookie sheet, dust with powdered sugar, and allow to cool.
- Try these Almond Pizzelles with a little chocolate or hazelnut spread on top. It's an incredible combination!
- When the pizzelles come off warm from the pizzelle maker, they are still soft enough to form into shapes. You can roll 'em up or stuff 'em into cupcake pans for a creative twist.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.