Chocolate and Pistachio Dipped Cranberry Shortbreads
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Courtney, from Columbus, Ohio developed these cookies with a recipe in mind that everyone could agree on. The zest of the orange with the crunch of the pistachio and sweetness of the chocolate is a combination that will surely bring everyone together!
What You'll Need:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest from one orange
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios, rough chopped
What To Do:
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, salt, and sugar about 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy. Add the flour and beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms. With mixer on low speed, add cranberries, orange zest and orange juice.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten cookies into 1-inch-thick rounds with bottom of a small glass, dipping in sugar to prevent sticking.
- Place pans in freezer 30 minutes before baking (see Note). Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are very light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals until smooth. Place chopped pistachios in a small bowl. Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Once cookies are cooled, dip halfway into melted chocolate; shake off excess, sprinkle with pistachios, and place on wax paper-lined baking sheets to set.
Do not skip freezing the cookies before baking; otherwise the cookies will spread too far.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.