Chocolate and Pistachio Dipped Cranberry Shortbreads
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Courtney, from Columbus, Ohio developed these cookies with a recipe in mind that everyone could agree on. The zest of the orange with the crunch of the pistachio and sweetness of the chocolate is a combination that will surely bring everyone together!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest from one orange
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pistachios, rough chopped
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, salt, and sugar about 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy. Add the flour and beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms. With mixer on low speed, add cranberries, orange zest and orange juice.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten cookies into 1-inch-thick rounds with bottom of a small glass, dipping in sugar to prevent sticking.
- Place pans in freezer 30 minutes before baking (see Note). Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are very light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals until smooth. Place chopped pistachios in a small bowl. Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Once cookies are cooled, dip halfway into melted chocolate; shake off excess, sprinkle with pistachios, and place on wax paper-lined baking sheets to set.
Do not skip freezing the cookies before baking; otherwise the cookies will spread too far.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Calories 2,391
- Calories from Fat 1,228
- Total Fat 136g 210 %
- Saturated Fat 51g 255 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 99mg 33 %
- Sodium 618mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 293g 98 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.1g 37 %
- Sugars 168g 0 %