Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprints
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna make a batch of cookies guaranteed to earn a "thumbs up"? Our Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprints are the cookie recipe to do it!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter, divided (see Note)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup chocolate chips over low heat, stirring until smooth. In a large bowl, cream the sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, the butter, and vanilla. Beat in the melted chocolate. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture then stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Cover and chill just until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Shape chilled dough into 1-1/2-inch balls then press your thumb into the tops to make 1/2"-deep depressions. Place on ungreased baking sheets and fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft. Cool 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
All-natural peanut butter doesn't work in this recipe.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This mouthwatering dish features an all-star summer line-up of zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, and more. To say that our All-Star Zucchini is flavorful is an understatement! It's just as amazing on its own as it is served over a bed of pasta. Yum!