We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Ginger Crinkles come from Kristen in Chattanooga, Tennessee, whose mom has tweaked the recipe to perfection. They're a constant request every year at Christmas cookie exchanges and no one can believe there's no butter in them!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger; set aside.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine oil and 1 cup sugar and mix briefly. Add egg and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in molasses. Gradually add flour mixture and continue to stir until well combined. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Place remaining sugar in a shallow dish. Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
For an extra fancy touch, dip cooled cookies halfway into melted white chocolate and sprinkle with colored sugars.
- For more great Christmas cookie recipes, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.