Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This Halloween is going to be filled with dark and delicious flavors. Try our Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies! You can't go wrong with sweet candied chocolate and peanut butter mixed in a dark cocoa dough. This easy Halloween cookie recipe is going to be a boo-tiful treat for everyone celebrating the spooky season.
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Halloween candy coated chocolate (see Note)
- 1 cup candy coated peanut butter candies (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; mix until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup Halloween candy and 3/4 cup of peanut butter candies into batter; set remaining candies aside. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheet 2 inches apart. Top dough with reserved candies. Bake 10 to 12 minutes just until set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Just a Suggestion!
- What was our secret? For the candy-coated chocolate and peanut butter candies, the Test Kitchen used M&M’s™.
- For more Halloween fun, try our Cookie Eyeballs or our Ghoulishly Good Cupcakes!
- We're just getting started! Try these Fun Fall Recipes & Easy Recipes for Halloween.
- Worried about left over Halloween candy? Our Halloween Leftover Ice Cream is the perfect fix!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!