Santa's Swirl Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
This Christmas cookie recipe is made of pure magic! Why? Because jolly Kris Kringle made them himself; what could be better than a Christmas cookie made by Santa? Santa's Swirl Cookies are just what you need to really make an impression this holiday season. The Christmas cheer found in each bite is going to enchant everyone!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Red and green colored sugar
- Red and green nonpareils or sprinkles
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and salt. Add in egg, vanilla, and almond extracts. Mix in flour and beat until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out one of the halves into an 8-inch square and sprinkle sugars like patchwork. Roll up jelly-roll-style, then roll in nonpareils. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Repeat with other piece of dough. Refrigerate rolls 2 or more hours, or until very firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Remove plastic wrap from rolls and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices on baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges just start to brown. Allow to rest on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Check This Out!
- Looking for more fantastic holiday dessert recipes? Try our Red Velvet Banana Bread, or Santa's Creamy Christmas Treat!
- If you want more Christmas cookies, be sure to check out our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
- We've got something extra special for the kids; our tasty Snowman Poop is sure to get a laugh.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!