We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Good old-fashioned coleslaw is great any time of the year and goes along with almost any dish. When we're craving a creamy, mayonnaise-based coleslaw we make our Country Coleslaw recipe. It's an easy coleslaw recipe that the whole gang'll love!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (see Note)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped or thinly sliced green bell pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Add cabbage, carrots, and green pepper; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- A small head of cabbage yields about 8 cups. You can find pre-shredded cabbage at your market, but it's simple and budget-friendly to do it yourself!
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
- If you enjoyed this coleslaw recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes and 35 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 149
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.2g 2 %
- Cholesterol 7.6mg 3 %
- Sodium 519mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 7.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you want to make a good impression, just serve up this simple, yet classic, Italian recipe for Steak Pizzaiola. Steak Pizzaiola is basically just a fancy name for steak simmered with flavorful onions, peppers, tomatoes, and simple seasonings. It's easy to put together and tasty to eat!