We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food was lucky to get this recipe from an aunt of one of his Southern friends. Vinegar Slaw is a nice change of pace from the usual mayonnaise type of coleslaw. It has a unique zippy flavor and all of your favorite ingredients from traditional coleslaw. Serve this up as a refreshing summer side dish at your next picnic, or add a scoop to your plate when you have your next fish fry. However you choose to serve this Vinegar Slaw, everyone will love the unique taste!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded green cabbage
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place cabbage in a large bowl and add vinegar mixture, tossing until well mixed. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
If you enjoyed this Vinegar Slaw, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!
- How to Make Macaroni Salad: 10 Simple Macaroni Salad Recipes
- Basic Macaroni Salad
- Amish Potato Salad
- Country Coleslaw
- Kitchen Sink Macaroni Salad
- Southern Slaw
- BLT Egg Salad Sandwich
- 56 Divine Deli Salad Recipes
- How to Make Chicken Salad: 15 of Our Best Chicken Salad Recipes
- "No-Bake" Baked Potato Salad