Sunday Afternoon Pickles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Cups
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr
When you're just kickin' back on a lazy Sunday, you need an easy-to-make snack that you won't feel guilty about later. These Sunday Afternoon Pickles have the added bonus of staying good for weeks in the fridge so you've always got some munchies handy.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups peeled and thinly sliced Kirby or other cucumbers (about 3 pounds)
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt; mix well. Add the cucumbers and toss until well coated.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- This will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
You can spice it up a bit by adding a handful of chopped scallions or dillweed along with the cucumbers.
Don't stop there! We've got even more fantastic recipes with pickles right here.
- What else can you make on a lazy Sunday? Why, you can make these Day Off Chocolate Croissants, of course.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!