Homestyle Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
It's a down-home, "oldie but goodie" recipe filled with hard-boiled eggs, celery, mayo, and other classic add-ins. Homestyle Potato Salad is a great picnic or potluck bring along, plus it'll keep for days in the fridge.
What You'll Need
- 4 pounds white or red potatoes
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large soup pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into chunks and place in a large bowl. Add egg, bell pepper, and celery; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and mix until thoroughly combined. Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.