We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you bring this tropical coleslaw to your next family gathering, be prepared for everybody to ask you for the recipe. It's a family-pleasing coleslaw that's bound to become everybody's favorite picnic side dish.
What You'll Need
- 10 to 12 cups chopped cabbage (1 large head)
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 4 carrots)
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about 1 medium-sized onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients until well mixed and evenly coated.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours, and mix again before serving.
You can eliminate the chilling time if you want to serve this immediately, but that time really does help the flavors marry.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 301
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 12 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 670mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 7 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!