We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You've seen this listed on brunch menus in lots of restaurants around the country. Now, don't let the name scare you. It's really just eggs, cheese, and salsa served in a tortilla.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 six-inch corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Heat the tortillas in the skillet one at a time for 8 to 10 seconds, or until soft. Drain on paper towels.
- Place on individual serving plates and spoon 1/4 cup of the salsa in the center of each tortilla; set aside.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet, trying not to break the yolks, and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or to desired doneness.
- Place one egg on top of each tortilla and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. The heat of the eggs will melt the cheese. Serve immediately.
Although it's not the traditional way to serve these, if you prefer, you can scramble your eggs instead of frying them whole and even mix the cheese in with the scrambled eggs instead of sprinkling it on top.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?