Lazy Weekend Frittata
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy, tasty baked egg skillet is perfect for your next lazy weekend breakfast. Plus, it's packed with healthy vegetables ... so you can feel good about eating it!
What You'll Need:
- 2 medium-sized baking potatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour, or in the microwave oven on high power for 7 to 10 minutes, until tender. Cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, scallions, bell pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, and salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables are tender and the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and milk.
- Reduce the skillet heat to medium-low and add the egg mixture. As the mixture begins to set, push the ends slightly toward the center, allowing the liquid to run to the edges of the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Allow to cook for 8 to 9 minutes, or until the eggs are set, then slide the frittata out of the pan and onto a serving plate. Cut into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The creamy chicken filling isn't the only thing that "bubbles up" in this Easy Chicken Bubble Bake. When you set it to bake with the biscuits on top, you'll find that the whole casserole "rises" to the occasion. What's the occasion? A fantastic evening dinner!