South of the Border Eggs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add a little fiesta to your mornings with this easy recipe for South of the Border Eggs.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
What to Do
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, and saute 8 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat tortillas, 2 at a time, 2 minutes on each side (see Note). Remove from skillet, and keep warm. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet; add 2 eggs, and sprinkle evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt and dash of pepper. Fry to desired degree of doneness, turning once. Repeat with remaining olive oil, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Place toasted tortillas on serving plates; top evenly with zucchini, cheese, and eggs. Serve with desired toppings.
Don't be tempted to walk away when toasting the tortillas for this recipe- they become golden and crispy very quickly!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?