Southwest Breakfast Burritos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a great on-the-run breakfast for your family? Then our Southwest Breakfast Burritos are a super portable hot meal that they can enjoy as they race to school or the office. Stuffed with protein-packed eggs, light turkey breakfast sausages, and wrapped in a fiber-rich whole wheat tortilla, you can't go wrong.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 (8- to 10-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
What To Do:
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Add bell pepper; saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking by pulling, lifting, and folding eggs until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of tortillas, dividing evenly; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.
- Tortillas can be stacked and heated in a microwave oven for about 30 seconds.
- If you prefer, you can lighten this up by using reduced-fat cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.