We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In show business, when a movie is top-notch, it wins an Oscar. And when I really want to make an impression at the dinner table, I make this combo. Wait'll they taste the yummy crabmeat and asparagus filling! It won't be just the fancy name that'll have them applauding.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 flounder fillets (1½ to 2 pounds total)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, rinsed, drained, and flaked (see Note)
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed and drained
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the butter and potatoes in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish on a clean flat surface.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crabmeat and soup; mix well. Spread the mixture equally over the fish fillets, then top each with the asparagus spears and roll up.
- With a spoon, push the cooked potatoes to the edges of the baking dish. Place the rolled fillets in the center of the dish and top each with a slice of cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
You don't need to pay for higher-priced real crabmeat if you'd rather use imitation. Whichever you use in this will get you plenty of "ooh"s and "aah"s.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!