Our Own Fish Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When fish sticks first appeared in the mid-'50s in the grocer's freezer case, they created quite a stir. Today, if we're fishing for a more homemade taste, we can custom-make Our Own Fish Sticks easily!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen white-fleshed fish fillets, thawed and cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream; mix well.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip each fish stick in egg mixture then bread crumbs, coating completely.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish sticks and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning to brown all sides. Serve immediately as is or with Tartar Sauce.
Sometimes it's easier to cut the fish into sticks while slightly frozen then thaw completely before continuing. And you wanna know the secret to coating the fish sticks just right? Use one hand to dip the fish in the egg mixture then your other hand to coat the fish with the bread crumbs. Keeping one hand dry and one hand wet will keep the bread crumbs from getting all clumped together.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 674
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44g 68 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 36g 72 %
- Cholesterol 195mg 65 %
- Sodium 1,143mg 48 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.