The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Pan Seared Catfish & Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Take your taste buds on a tasty adventure with a Southern favorite. The farm-raised catfish, teamed up with creamy, cheesy grits create the perfect balance. We think that after you serve this to your family, this might become one of those dishes that everyone requests over and over again… it’s just that amazingly good!
What You'll Need
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup white or yellow grits
- FISH SEASONING
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 fillets (about 1-1/4 pounds total) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Sliced scallions for garnish
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add grits, stir, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes or until grits are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine Fish Seasoning ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of catfish pieces, patting seasoning lightly onto fish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Sauté fish in batches, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish is firm in center and flakes easily with a fork.
- Add cheese, butter, and salt to the grits; stir until cheese and butter are melted. Spoon grits into bowls, top with catfish pieces, bacon bits, and a sprinkle of scallions. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
Try a shake or two of hot sauce on top to give this an extra blast of flavor.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing like homemade pierogies! With a flavor-packed potato filling, tender homemade dough, and sweet caramelized onions, it's no wonder why this Polish recipe has become so popular throughout the world. Once you try our Old-Fashioned Pierogies, we're sure you'll fall in love!