Pan-Seared Catfish with Succotash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lure your gang to the table with this all-in-one meal that starts with mild and mellow U.S. Farm-Raised catfish. Topped with a tempting corn and lima bean succotash, our Pan-Seared Catfish with Succotash will have you reeling in tasty rewards!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised catfish fillets
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Place catfish in mixture, turning to coat on all sides; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add corn, lima beans, red pepper, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, remaining salt, and remaining black pepper. Remove catfish from marinade and coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter with oil. Saute catfish 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crisp. Serve topped with succotash.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.