The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Pan-Seared Catfish with Succotash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Lure your gang to the table with this all-in-one meal that starts with mild and mellow U.S. Farm-Raised catfish. Topped with a tempting corn and lima bean succotash, our Pan-Seared Catfish with Succotash will have you reeling in tasty rewards!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised catfish fillets
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Place catfish in mixture, turning to coat on all sides; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add corn, lima beans, red pepper, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornmeal, remaining salt, and remaining black pepper. Remove catfish from marinade and coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter with oil. Saute catfish 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crisp. Serve topped with succotash.
For more delicious recipes and ideas using U.S. Farm-Raised catfish, click here.
Don't miss The Mr. Food Test Kitchen's favorite southern-inspired recipes! Download our Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites FREE eCookbook!
Mommy that Cooks
Nov 09, 2012
I tried this for a change of pace and was really surprised how much my entire family loved it. Even my picky kids. The catfish was so the biggest surprise, so mild and the coating was just right. I will be adding this to my monthly dinner options, yum! say goodbye fish sticks.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!